Massage Therapy Hopkins
Improve and Maintain Optimal Health and Wellness With Massage Therapy in Hopkins
To feel great and live a healthy life, you must make time to take care of yourself in the best way possible. By scheduling regular massage sessions with a skilled and experienced massage therapist at DMR Clinic in Hopkins, you can relieve pain and stress so you can live your best life. We get it, in the bustling city of Hopkins, it can be hard to take time for yourself, but having a massage on your schedule once or twice a month can help to relieve many aches, pains, and stress your body has absorbed throughout each day. Read below to learn more about massage and the numerous health and wellness benefits you may gain from scheduling regular therapeutic massages with us.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage is a therapeutic manipulation of the soft tissues in the body, proven to provide individuals who receive it with relaxed muscles, decreased body pain, and increased overall well-being. In general, massage is a term for rubbing, kneading, and manipulating your skin, tendons, muscles, and ligaments to encourage relaxation, stimulate blood flow, and relieve discomfort. There are a variety of massage techniques, ranging from light stroking to deep pressure.
Common Types of Massage Techniques Include:
- Swedish Massage – The most gentle form of massage therapy. During a Swedish massage, you’ll experience long strokes with kneading, circular movements, and tapping to help your muscles and soft tissues relax while rejuvenating your body.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Also relaxing, a deep tissue massage is a pain relieving technique targeting specific areas in the body. Individuals who are experiencing sore muscles may benefit immensely from a deep tissue massage. This massage technique uses a much slower stroke with forceful, controlled pressure to target deeper layers of connective tissue and muscle. A deep tissue massage commonly helps individuals who are recovering from muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports Massage – A sports massage is similar to a Swedish massage, meant to assist individuals who are active in physical activities to both prevent and treat injuries. During a sports massage you will enjoy stretching mixed with Swedish massage techniques.
- Trigger Point Massage – This form of massage therapy is perfect for individuals who are experiencing pain in the belly of a muscle from overuse. Trigger point therapy focuses on specific, sore points in the muscles, with the goal of relieving tight muscle fibers from overuse and/or injuries.
- Craniosacral Therapy – This form of massage uses gentle touch to remove restrictions in the joints of the skull, spine and pelvic bones to improve the flow of the fluid around the spinal cord and brain.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy can benefit an individual immensely, providing both physical and emotional stress and pain relief. Research has shown people who receive massage on a regular basis (one to two times per month), feel less stressed, experience a decrease in pain, and reduced muscle tension throughout their body.
While more research may be able to confirm many of the benefits of massage therapy, research has shown massage may be helpful for treating:
- Digestive disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Stress and anxiety
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders related to stress
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and/or strains
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sciatic pain
- Chronic muscle tension
- Plantar fasciitis
- And so much more
Schedule Therapeutic Massage Today!
If you are ready to improve and manage your health and wellness, schedule your massage therapy appointment with an experienced massage therapist in Hopkins today. Our dedicated team of massage therapists at Hopkins Health & Wellness and DMR Clinics is here to help you live your life to the fullest. Start doing so today and contact us online now to schedule massage treatments today. For more information regarding massage therapy, feel free to reach out to us. We’re excited to work with you!