Massage Therapy Pequot Lakes
Find Relaxation and Ease Discomfort With Massage in Pequot Lakes
When was the last time you experienced true relaxation? Whether you feel as though you are too busy, or you’re waiting for the “right time” to set aside an hour for yourself, make this moment all about you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never had a massage, or you don’t feel as though you truly unwind for an hour, our massage therapists in Pequot Lakes can help you relax while easing your pain and discomfort. However, if you’re not completely comfortable when it comes to massage therapy, you may have some questions. As your trusted massage therapy team, we have answers for you!
What is Massage?
Massage therapy involves the use of the hands, fingers, forearms, and elbows to apply focused pressure to manipulate the soft tissues to relieve stress and tension, increase blood flow, and encourage relaxation and healing. To keep our explanation simple, massage is a term for pressing, kneading, and gliding over your muscles, skin, tendons, and ligaments. Plus, there are a wide variety of massage techniques available for you to enjoy, including light stroke to deep pressure techniques. Each massage session caters to your specific needs, comfort levels, and health and wellness goals.
Therapeutic Massage Techniques Include:
- Swedish Massage – This technique provides clients with a gentle form of touch, giving them a relaxing, calming, soothing experience. A Swedish massage offers individuals relaxation and stress relief with long fluid strokes, kneading, tapping, and circular movements. A Swedish massage can help calm your mind while rejuvenating your body.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This type of massage is ideal for athletes, active individuals, those who have suffered an injury, or those who are searching for a massage with firm pressure. A deep tissue massage focuses on pain-relieving techniques which include a slower stroke with deep, controlled pressure to target deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues. A deep tissue massage is a great technique to schedule if you’ve been injured playing sports, in an auto accident, and are recovering from muscle soreness.
- Sports Massage – Perfect for sports enthusiasts, this type of massage is great to provide active individuals with a relaxing, yet invigorating massage through Swedish massage techniques combined with stretching and active release techniques. If you want to relax yet feel the benefits of a rejuvenating and healing massage, a sports massage is an ideal therapy.
- Trigger Point Therapy – If you’re experiencing pain and discomfort in a specific area, trigger point therapy may be the best option for you. This form of massage is ideal for individuals experiencing pain in the belly of a muscle. Commonly, this is due to the overuse of a muscle or a soft tissue injury. Trigger point therapy focuses on pinpointing the source of the injury/pain with pressure into the belly of the muscle.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
There are numerous benefits to be gained from massage therapy, and the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll reap the rewards. We highly recommend you come to see our massage therapists in Pequot Lakes to experience a relaxing and invigorating massage. We know we can help you overcome stress and help your body relax and heal.
While more research may be able to confirm many of the benefits of therapeutic massage therapy, research has shown massage may be helpful for treating:
- Chronic muscle tension
- Neck and back pain
- Digestive disorders
- Sleep disorders such as insomnia related to stress
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and/or strains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sciatic nerve pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)
- And more
Schedule A Massage In Pequot Lakes today!
You work hard, you play hard, and now, it’s time you give back to yourself. Schedule a therapeutic massage with one of our skilled and compassionate massage therapists in Pequot Lakes today. You can call us or schedule your massage appointment online. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We’re always here to help! Give us a call at (218) 568-5648, or schedule a massage by filling out our short form to the right of the screen.