Massage Therapy Woodbury
Top Rated Local® Massage Therapy In Woodbury, MN
Staying happy and healthy is essential to living a great life. With this in mind, how have you been treating your body? One of the best ways to treat yourself is by arranging an appointment for massage therapy with a skilled and experienced massage therapist at our DMR Clinic in Woodbury. Understandably, we know that it can be hard to make time in your busy schedule for taking care of you, but do you know the benefits of doing so? If you aren’t familiar with massage therapy and why it’s so beneficial for your whole-body health, here is some valuable insight into all you want to know about massage.
What Is Massage Therapy?
Massage focuses on relieving tension and soreness in the soft tissues while encouraging relaxation and circulation. In a nutshell, a trained and experienced massage practitioner uses their hands, fingers, forearms, and elbows to manipulate the skin, muscles, fascia, joints, tendons, and ligaments. Your therapist applies controlled pressure, gentle strokes, gliding movements, pressing, rubbing, and other hand techniques to the soft tissues to increase blood flow, loosen muscles, and increase relaxation.
There are a variety of massage techniques available to you, ranging from light touch massage to deep tissue massage. Through a therapeutic massage at our DMR Clinic in Woodbury, you may be feel an increased amount of relief throughout your body. Along with the physical relief you may experience, massage can also positively affect your mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. In fact, many of our patients seek out our massage therapy as a form of chronic neck and back pain relief, and find that both their muscle and body pain is decreased. Additionally, massage is a powerful stress relief treatment for overall improved well-being through massage therapy.
Different Types of Therapeutic Massage
There is a whole array of treatment options when it comes to massage. Here are some of the common types of massage therapy we offer:
- Swedish Massage – Swedish massage is the most gentle and relaxing type of massage therapy, consisting of long, gentle strokes with circular movements, kneading, and tapping motions. This technique helps to relax muscles while energizing your body.
- Deep Tissue Massage – A deep tissue massage offers relaxation and pain relief. People who are experiencing muscle aches and pains will benefit more from a deep tissue massage than a Swedish massage. Deep tissue massages offer individuals deeper pressure with slower strokes to target troublesome areas, deeper layers of muscle, and connective tissue. This type of massage tends to help people recovering from soft tissue injuries.
- Sports Massage – Similar to a Swedish massage, sports massages follow the Swedish technique while also involving stretching and active release. This type of massage is ideal for individuals who participate in an active lifestyle to both treat and prevent current and future injuries.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Individuals who are experiencing deep muscle pain from the overuse of a muscle may find greater relief from this type of massage. Trigger point therapy focuses on releasing tightness in the belly of muscle fibers from injuries or overuse.
- Craniosacral Therapy – This form of massage uses gentle touch to remove restrictions in the joints of the skull, spine and pelvic bones to improve the flow of the fluid around the spinal cord and brain.
Benefits of Massage
Receiving regular massages at least once or twice a week provides many health benefits. Additionally, people who experience massages regularly often feel less stressed and experience a reduction in painful muscle tension throughout their body.
While more research may be able to confirm many of the benefits of massage therapy, research has already shown massage may be helpful for treating these and other types of pain and conditions:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress and anxiety
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping as a result of stress
- Sports injuries
- Auto injuries
- Work injuries
- Personal injuries (slip-and-falls, etc.)
- Soft tissue injuries such as strains and sprains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)
- And more
Schedule A Massage In Woodbury Today!
There are so many benefits of receiving regular massages, so we look forward to seeing you for your next massage. Feel free to schedule a massage with Woodbury’s friendly, skilled, and compassionate massage therapists at the DMR Clinic. Our therapists are here to make your life more enjoyable through the power of therapeutic touch. Reach our today to start relieving your body from stress and pains.